Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Project Update #3

Unfortunately, I still haven't heard back from the Albany Bike Coalition or the New York State Department of Transportation. That said, another week has gone by without making any progress on my actual map. My hope is that I will be able to obtain some information after making couple of phone calls. If not, I may have to start getting creative.

Despite the setbacks I've had so far, I discovered that there may be a way to upload old accident data from Albany County using a website called geocommons.com. Although I didn't have time to experiment with the website today, I will do some exploring before next week.

2 comments:

  1. I think this project fits you well and is right up your alley because I know, along with anyone else who knows you or has seen you around, that you ride your bike and longboard almost everywhere! I also like that you have included information from the IPCC documents from Ellard's class last semester. Although you haven't made much progress on your actual maps, it seems like you have everything planned out and organized so that once you do get your data, everything will fall into place. Good Job so far and hopefully the organizations do their jobs and get back to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A goal should be to track down the data so you can begin your analyses before the Works-in-Progress presentations. If you call the Bike Coalition folks and still don't get any reply, let me know so we can discuss alternative next steps.
    -Dr. M

    ReplyDelete